The Champaign Health District protects its citizens from the adverse health affects of radon gas.
Radon is a naturally occurring, odorless, tasteless radioactive gas. Radon gas can by inhaled and the radioactive particles may cause lung tissue damage or increase your chances of lung cancer. Radon may be tested using a radon test kit, and mailed to a laboratory. Radon levels found in a home can be reduced by a professional remediator.
The Champaign Health District distributes radon test kits free of charge to evaluate citizen’s homes for radon gas.